Sunday, 17 November 2013

The Weekly Roundup #4 When Life Gives You Lemons...


First of all, an apology for my lack of presence on the blogisphere, work amongst other things have pretty much been grinding me to the ground, but it's all for the greater good, right?

Get your snorkles out ladies and gentlemen, we're about to go deep (heads out of the gutters please). Recently, I've been learning to say yes to a lot more, and a few weeks ago, I said yes to my biggest adventure yet... Camp America! Something I've dreamed about doing since the very first time I saw "Parent Trap" 3 summery months in the States with sloppy joes and every other stereotype that relates to 'camp life'. The past two years, it's something that I've come very close to doing, but because of work and other commitments, I never bit the bullet, but this year, something's different. This year, I just felt ready. Ready for change. Ready to meet new people, visit new places and make a summer to remember.

So, with my application submitted, complete with a video of me rolling around a soft play area in a giraffe onesie explaining why I think I should be on the programme, my first payment sent off and my interview next weekend, I eagerly await to see what the Summer of '14 will hold for me. Here's hoping that they actually like me!

Saying yes is the key to unlocking the padlock to freedom. Scary as hell, I know. At first you feel like you've been thrown in the deep end of the advanced pool, you look around and you see people and you think that they've got it all sussed out, but what we can't see, is how fast their legs are moving under the water to keep their head above the surface. Don't be afraid to try something new, to put yourself out there, you'll surprise yourself with how far you can go.

Here's my challenge to you. Do something crazy. Go wild.

2 comments :

  1. love this post, very inspiring! i'm going to do the same! would you like to follow each other? :-) www.marinadebuchi.com XXX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow good luck with the Camp America process! My next door neighbour is doing that in the summer and it sounds so exciting! :) x

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top